- 1% w/w - Butenafine Hydrochloride
- 1% w/w - Benzyl Alcohol BP,
Without a Prescription
Butenafine cream is prescribed for the topical treatment of the following superficial dermatophytes:
- Tinea cruris (jock itch), due to E. floccosum , T. mentagrophytes , T. rubrum , and T. tonsurans;
- Tinea corporis (ringworm);
- Interdigital tinea pedis (athlete`s foot);
Butenafine is prescribed in tinea (pityriasis) versicolor due to M. furfur .
Patients with tinea (pityriasis) versicolor should apply Butenafine Cream once daily for 2 weeks.
Patients with tinea corporis or tinea cruris should apply Butenafine Cream once daily for 2 weeks.
For the treatment of interdigital tinea pedis, Butenafine Cream should be applied twice daily for 7 days or once daily for 4 weeks.
Butenafine Cream is contraindicated in individuals who have known or suspected sensitivity to butenafine HCl, or any of the
components of this product.
Tube of 15g