Without a Prescription
Clonidine is a medicine that is meant to lower the patient's blood pressure. Clonidine achieves its purpose as it decreases
the levels in which certain chemicals are found in the patient's blood. In this way, the veins and arteries are allowed to
widen, enabling the heart to beat regularly.
Clonidine is normally used in the treatment of hypertension (also known as high blood pressure). But Clonidine can also
be used for other purposes that have not been mentioned here.
Taking Clonidine may result in some of these side effects:
- Abnormal low or high blood pressure (headache fainting redness of the neck face and chest sometimes dizziness);
- Difficulty while breathing;
- Slow hear rate (lower than 60 beats / minute);
- Swelling of the tongue face or lips;
- Throat closing;
If you are experiencing these side effects stop your treatment and inform your physician.
Clonidine can also induce other side effects (more common and less serious) such as:
- Dry mouth;
- Constipation vomiting and nausea;
- Abnormal fatigue tiredness or dizziness;
These mild side effects shouldn't stop you from continuing with your treatment. However, you should inform your doctor at once.
Other side effects may also occur when you take Clonidine. Inform your physician immediately if you experience anything unusual while taking this drug.
In some countries Clonidine may also be known as:
- Neo Clodil;